Molly Thompson Smith

Molly Thompson Smith
Edinburgh EYC 2013

Sunday 4 May 2014

Round up of the beginning of 2014

I know I have written in what seems like forever.... so sorry! Ive been so busy with school and training and I feel like now is the first time I can stop and breathe. But not for long as i have pretty much a week until my GCSE examinations start. So before I become a crazy, stressed out teen I thought I'd write a quick round up of whats happened so far this year.

JBBC, Sandy Carr
Things didn't really lick off until March when team trainings seemed to be every weekend! I also did some filming for Blue Peter at the Westway Sports Centre - not sure when it will be on TV but I'll tweet about it when I find out! I also had the pleasure of hosting a BMC workshop with my dad in Leeds... it was good fun and I hope to do some more :) Last month saw the Junior Lead Team fly to Innsbruck, Austria home of many wads, for team training. This was so useful as it gave me a chance to get on the big outdoor Imst wall I'll be competing on later in the year. It was also nice to train at the Tivoli wall in Innsbruck :) The weekend after had me in Glasgow for the second round of the Junior British Bouldering Champs which after a difficult qualifier round and a good finals I managed to win. A quick thanks to everyone at TCA for putting on a great event! It was cool to climb on the new Stonesmith holds too! The day after was my first actual team training with the junior bouldering team. It was interesting to try some of Tim's movement exercises and hear about Lucinda's green breakfast tips! On Friday was my last day of yr11 so I'm at home and revising for a while.

Looking forward to the first (and only!) EYC round in Imst in a couple weeks time and also to a summer full of adventure and new things!

Thanks for reading,
 Molly
Me and my crazy friends on Muck Up day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment